Friday, February 24, 2012


Allen Fieldhouse Here We Come!!

This is the weekend my husband's Christmas present is cashed in- We are headed to Kansas! 

 Kansas??! In February?! is the typical response I receive from coworkers and acquaintances.  They obviously don't know my family very well.  My husband was born in Kansas, lived there for 20 some years, and eats, lives, breathes sports.  Those 3 things add up to an insanely fanatical Kansas Jayhawk fan. 

I have heard stories about how great the atmosphere is at a Jayhawk basketball game.  I am often told this is something that cannot be described, but it is always characterized as power charged, unique, and it rocks you down to the very core of your being.  "Something you just have to experience yourself".

The kids and I have never been to a Jayhawk game, and looking forward to experiencing the
"awesome-ness" first hand.  I am having more fun however, watching my husband frequent Jayhawk message boards, or overhearing him telling a complete stranger about his upcoming trip. 

We live thousands of miles from the state of Kansas.  Being married to a Jayhawk fanatic I have learned Jayhawk fans are everywhere.  Not a day seems to go by where we aren't stopped and told "we are from Kansas too" from complete strangers.  The other day my husband had someone pull up next to him in traffic, roll down their window and holler:  "Rock Chalk" in response to his KU tire cover on his Jeep.

Jayhawk allegiance runs deep- and I cannot wait to experience Allen Fieldhouse first hand.
Watch out Kansas- here we come!

(I would be remiss if the makeup junkie in me wasn't wondering if there is a Sephora in Lawrence- that's not so bad, is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment